Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Long Ago

I was an athlete in high school and early in my college career. I competed at around 225 pounds as a shot-putter, discus-thrower, offensive tackle, defensive end, place-kicker, and swimmer. Actually I ranged from 205-225 by the end of my career.

I then went to Europe as a missionary and got all the way down to 188 pounds where I was movie-star thin! Since then it's been mostly an upward trend.

When I was finishing college and participating in Army ROTC I received a body/fat analysis that informed me that if I weighed 240 pounds I would be declared within regulations at the age of 25. Since that day I have used 240 pounds as my goal. If it was fit enough for the Army at 25, it should be pretty good for someone twice that age. So in recent years I have always had my eye on the 240 pound mark. That still is my goal weight for May's half-triathlon.

No comments:

Post a Comment