Friday, September 4, 2009

The Beginning of My Journey

In the last post I told you how I gained the weight. I never was guilty of overeating although I am guilty of physical underactivity. When I have free time my inclination is to study or write something. It isn't to go for a jog or play a sport.

When I was so disgusted with myself 10 years ago for being so overweight I immediately started a program to lose weight - Atkins! It was great! I lost 17 pounds in the 14-day induction period and I felt much better. Unfortunately I was sick of protein despite the success so I stopped and held that weight for 18 months. Then I did it again, had similar results and held the weight loss for 18 months. I did it a third time and got my weight down to around 290-295. I thought this method was the way for me to go. I could diet for two weeks, lose 15-20 pounds and then hold the weight loss. I was certain that I had a plan for success.

Wrong answer! I'll save the next part of this story until next time. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment